25 August 2009
Ran Allim ami!
Did you get the pictures I sent last week? I have another full card that I’ll be sending home soon, hopefully with a box. ha Missionary Mall has a 2-year warranty on shoes right? Because I’m sending those home, because they are straight up dominated! It took less than a year for that to happen, but I’ve been wearing crocs most all the time anyways so I’m not sure how they got so beat up. The real reason I’m sending them home is so I can get a new pair. The only reason I need shoes is because I have a pretty good idea that Guam is calling my name soon. President Dowdle is always hinting that Elder Lange is coming back to Chuuk, and I’m afraid that him coming back will bring a plane ticket to Guam for me. I don’t mind at all, I just hope that President and the Lord will be merciful enough to let me end in Chuuk.
Last week was transfers and that sure was hectic. The morning all the elders were going to come in, the Mechitiw elders called us and informed us that their truck was out of order because a breadfruit tree fell on it and smashed the shell and blew out the suspension. That was great because then we only had one truck to do everything. ha It was insane and we were driving in circles all day and the next, but hey nobody died!
Last Saturday I had the chance to go back out to Romalum for some baptismal interviews. Four! I was all talked out after getting done with them but I was able to also go to the baptism. All four were investigators that Elder Hatfield and I began teaching last year so it was sweet to see. In fact out of all the investigators that Elder Vake, Hatfield and I taught during my time on Romalum only three have not yet been baptized. Which counting off the top of my head is ..... 13 but I think it’s probably 15 or 16! I was only a part three during my time on Romalum so it’s been neat to see the whole process. Planting of the seed, it sprouting, growing, and then the best part, the harvest! This is just random information but Romalum is the smallest area in the mission (2nd place Wichap) but it is the highest baptizing in Chuuk and even the mission as a whole! No wonder I love that place! It’s an island paradise with paradisiacal missionary work. :)
We are planning on having a baptism this weekend. Her name is Arenine. She is the wife of a formerly less-active member. Her dad has a baptismal date and would be getting baptized along with her but he is set and firm about being baptized on his birthday which is Oct. 31. ha He’s had that date since July. He comes to church every week and has read the whole Book of Mormon and read the entire priesthood manual. He’s done everything but get dunked and I might not even be here when it happens. As long as it does happen all is good.
Life is fantasticly amazing and I love it! I hope the same for all of you. Love you tons!
Tong Ennet,
Elder Ito Wells
P.S. I just saw a Guam quarter! You know like the state quarters. They’re doing territory quarters. You guys probably already know that, but I thought it was cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment