Monday, January 25, 2010

Practically Rips My Heart Out

19 January 2010

Ran Allim ai famini!

Sorry about missing a week, Elder Kuss went to Guam to get checked up on for his sickness and I spent the next week and a half out of my area in Sapuk and that threw just about everything off, then when Elder Kuss got back we had to cram for Zone Conference that same week, but all is well and I’m alive and loving life!

Zone Conference went really well, I think after 9 months I really got the hang of it! ha It was spiritual and many good things were discussed and in my interview with President Dowdle he said in his own words: “I just LOVED Zone Conference today!” So that was great.

Speaking of my interview with President Dowdle I guess it’s a good time to inform you all that this will be my last letter from Chuuk. . . . . .

The time has come, my number has been called, the future is set, I’m going to Guam. That was the outcome of my interview with President Dowdle. Funny thing is I knew it was coming. Since the start of this transfer I had a feeling my time was short. As the end of the transfer got closer I became more worried about this feeling. ha I started praying for long periods of time trying to appeal to the Lord that I should stay in Chuuk longer; I even fasted for it but the feelings and promptings I received from the Spirit confirmed my nervousness, it was solidified when I heard it come from President’s mouth, but I already knew. It’s everything I never wanted but . . . . . . I am supposed to be in Guam. And that confirmation received from the Spirit is the only consolation I have . . . . I am supposed to be there.

I’m crying as I write this because the thought of leaving Chuuk practically rips my heart out. It’s already the hardest thing I’ve done and I still have a week left. No offense, when I left home I knew I’d see you all again in two years but leaving these Chuukese I don’t know when I’ll see them again and it hurts to think about that. I love them so darn much!

Anyways, I’m done writing about that, that took too long and I cried too much. I have a week left and I ‘m going to make the most of it! :)

Yep so that crazy interview with President threw me for one! It threw me even a little further as we talked about what I’ll be doing in Guam. I guess it turns out that I’ll be an assistant to the President, so that will definitely bring some new experiences.

Today is Elder Lange’s birthday, whom I dearly love, and Elder Tuaitanu’s birthday was on Sunday so today we are getting together and having a Chuukese feast!! Pounded breadfruit, fire roasted chicken/meat, fish cooked in coconut milk, rice and coconuts!! Woneii!! It’s going to be good and I’m going to get so fat and I don’t even care!! ha :)

Ok, love your guts take care and don’t die. Ai tong esap much ngenikemi!
Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak,


Elder Wells “Ito”

No comments:

Post a Comment