We had a super week here in Chuuk. Things are just going well! We put in the work and the Lord does the rest, it’s wonderful! We have set two baptismal dates with investigators and I believe they’ll both go through! I love it! In the first transfer this area opened we’re having baptisms! It is truly the hand of the Lord working here in Wichap.
President Dowdle challenged us to read the Book of Mormon the past 1 ½ months, in that same amount of time. I will finish tomorrow and I’ve never done something that has changed my life so much. I’ve read through the Book of Mormon plenty of times but President challenged and promised us that this time through would change our lives. It did. The necessity of what Jesus Christ did for us amazes me. I feel so inadequate, but then to know that I have an all-powerful being on my side I feel like I can conquer the world, or at least Chuuk!
My excitement for the Resurrection has increased to proportions that barely allow me to contain myself! My firm hope of being able to live with our Father in Heaven again has made me think and rethink what I want for my life over and over again. What I know is that what I do now, on this earth, is going to directly affect what I do in the eternities for forever! And that there is no worldly thing worth doing that may put my eternal exaltation in jeopardy. The thought of inheriting a lesser glory for forever is in every sense of the word , terrifying. To be condemned to live a life of lesser happiness into the eternities is such a bleak thought that it has multiplied my resolve, ten thousand times over, to do everything necessary on this earth to allow me to enter Celestial glory!
I’ve never been so excited for something as I have for the Resurrection and second coming of Christ. My excitement of winning State Championships (swimming as a team) even pales in comparison to my ecstatic joy and hope of the coming of Christ! It fills every day with purpose and a desire to become better so that with the mercy of Jesus Christ I will be able to inherit eternal life.
I know Jesus lives today, and speaks to His chosen prophet today. I know He provided us with everything that we need to be able to return to our Heavenly Father and I love Him, as I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brother and Sister Wells,
ReplyDeleteI received Elder Wells blog address and finally had a minute to check it out. His letter reminds of of a talk he gave on the Book of Mormon in zone conference. I want you to know that Elder Wells bore a strong testimony in January. We felt touched and inspired by what he said. He motivated all present. He also smiled through the whole thing (tears and all) which touched our hearts. Thanks for sending him. We are blessed to have him. Sincerely Sister Dowdle (micronesia mission)