Thursday, February 12, 2009

Part of 2/1/09 Letter

This week went so fast I don’t even remember what happened. It was wonderful, of course, but that’ s how every week in Chuuk is. This was a good week for work because we had no problems that arose causing us to go to town. We got to work a full whole week.

The month of February should be interesting. Chuuk state is having their elections on March 3, and so from today every Saturday and Sunday there will be “meetings” for the candidates held in this area. A Chuukese meeting is a 7-hour ordeal and involves eating a lot of food with plenty of long-winded people trying to say something important, that no one really listens to because they just came for the food. It’s as bad as a funeral on Romalum for working! Ha Everything shuts down and people go to this “meeting” of ignorance. It’ll be an interesting February, I think I may have to go join one of these “meetings” just so I can eat good Chuukese food.

I’ve been studying recently in the D&C. Marriage is brought up, to say the least, quite a few times. Marriage and being sealed forever is so necessary! Mom and Dad thanks, because I’m stoked to live forever with you guys! And you have set a wonderful example for me and my siblings, I couldn’t have asked for a better upbringing. I’ve said it before but if Chuuk had parents like you both, being able to comprehend the love of a Father in Heaven would be easier for these wonderful people in Chuuk. I can’t even comprehend the love of our Father in Heaven, but I can imagine that it’s got to be a tremendous amount because of how much love I receive just from my mortal parents. Man I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment