March 9, 2009
Ran Allim!
*Before I forget I need to ask a big favor. If you could send me my priesthood line of authority that would be way sweet and super appreciated. I want to be able to show these people exactly how I received my authority and how it’s not something that can just be claimed but must be given by someone else who already has that authority! That would be kick-awesomely cool!*
We had a kick-awesome zone conference where we learned a bunch of sweet stuff that I just can’t remember but I wrote down so fortunately not lost yet. President Dowdle is a stud!
I don’t remember if I told you all, but they’ve had us start working at night now. We carry around kerosene lanterns and we try and meet people. Chuukese don’t really like this because they particularly enjoy their “rest time”. But we try to be obedient so we do what they ask. Last week as we were out walking around at night we were walking up a hill, one of many in Wichap, when we heard the snap of a slingshot and then I felt the slam of a rock. I got freakin plachenkoed! Plachenko is slingshot and I got freakin slingshotted. They use plachenko’s to kill animals and even people sometimes, and I’m here to testify that they don’t feel good at all. It freakin hurt! I was super mad and if I could’ve found the guy that shot me I would’ve wrung his neck. But it was too dark and I couldn’t see him, so I gave up. I had a nice bruise that I forgot to take a picture of on the right side of my chest. Mom, there is no need to be worried, it only hurt a lot, no permanent damage. When they want to do real damage they use “phillipines” instead of rocks. Phillipines look like this (he drew a real nice picture of a dart :( They’re home made darts with barbs and they do some real damage to people. So I’m just thankful that I didn’t get shot with a phillipine and that I didn’t get shot in the head with a rock. Everything is in working condition and I’m loving it more than ever!
We’ve been doing lot’s of work trying to find more people to teach. We’ve had three baptisms in Wichap and 18 total in Chuuk so far this year! We have a goal as a Chuuk zone for 72 baptisms which is super high because in years past the highest for Chuuk was about 44. We’re doing work and I just want to find people that are ready to be baptized so bad! The only obstacle is that we’ve talked to most everyone in Wichap 2, 3, …. 5 times. I have faith that the Lord will continue to prepare people for baptism and that maybe even the 2nd, 3rd or 5th time we talk to them will be the time they feel they need to listen to this message. We do the physical work and the Lord will prepare people spiritually; and people who will accept baptism will be found!
I just barely got the pictures from February, but thank you so much! The Chuukese will love them. I did get the Valentine box and thank you for that as well, I haven’t received a box this month, I don’t know if you’ve sent one, just thought I’d keep you updated. Hint. Ha
Love you all! You’re the greatest, and man Kelsey you’re almost 18! You’re old! That’s crazy! Zach I’d dominate you in anything right now, and I’ll be more than able to dominate you in anything when I return. So, maybe you should work harder so I won’t have to beat you as badly! Ha
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment