Friday, March 27, 2009

March 16, 2009 ltr

March 16, 2009

Ran Allim ai Familia!

This week was . . . . a little nuts. The Warners are leaving to Yap on Friday and that’s going to be super weird without them here. And Elder Mafileo had three separate asthma attacks. Without any way to receive medical help that caused us to do almost nothing for the past three days. I’m bored out of my mind but his safety is more important than my sanity. Because of the seriousness of the attacks the Zone Leaders decided it would be safer for us to stay at their house so in case he needed to be rushed to the inadequate hospital. He’ll be alright it turns out, so that’s looking good for the end of my boredom. He, Elder Mafileo, has had a lot of problems while I have been his companion, ha. Chuuk is a rough place.

Recently we got a set of solar panels installed. Exciting! We have power! But we still don’t have a water pump so we still hand filter our water and then put Clorox in it. But at least we don’t have to walk a mile and half up the mountain to get water.

We’ve been focusing on having all of our investigators read THROUGH the Book of Mormon, instead of us just giving them tidbits here and there for them to read. It has made a tremendous difference! Our investigators understand better, they are more excited to meet and they enjoy reading! They love the story of Nephi. Our meetings are immensely more productive when they have a more firm desire to learn. It’s wonderful and nothing makes me happier than when the light of understanding is turned on in the mind of the investigator. Having our investigators read from front to back will help them gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon which is the most critical point for them coming unto Christ. Just like when we read through the Book of Mormon and gained our testimony, so will they.

You are all in my prayers and I pray you will all be safe. Kelsey, what’s the update on college selection? I love you all and pray for the Lord to guide and direct your paths.

Tong Ennet,

Elder Ito

Ito: in Chuukese literally means a well, where you draw water from. It’s much easier for them to say than having them try to pronounce L’s. They don’t pronounce L’s but they sure write them a lot. Then again they don’t have a written language so you can spell stuff however you want to. That’s what I do. I just make up spelling when I write in Chuukese , as does everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment