Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May 25, 2009 letter

May 25, 2009

Ran Allim!

The hectic week is over, finally. Man it’s been crazy. Zone Leader is a bunch of stuff and darn Elder Hill left a bunch of cleaning, reports, and everything else for us to figure out. I love him! I feel like I’m saving the the world everyday from some disaster. Ha I even have a player card for when we’re fighting crime, I am Alma the Younger and he is my playing card when everything is on the line. Ha

It’s good though, I enjoy it. My new companion is Elder Varo, he’s Fijian and he’ll be dying at the end of June. Dying in a missionary sense is going home. So I’m trying to figure out how everything goes down because he’s leaving to Guam at the beginning of June for visa problems. The new area, Mwan, is the only self-functioning branch in Chuuk. The missionaries don’t do anything at church. It’s weird! I’m not doing a thousand different things at church and it’s odd to just sit down and listen. There is an average of 100 at church in Mwan, and there are some serious studs in this branch. The District President, Matasio, is as studly as Macky and I love him to death! Him and his whole family are amazing. In Mwan some people have electricity and Matasio’s house does and his whole family has seen High School Musical 1 and 2! When we have family nights with them they all sing High School Musical songs. Ha Chuukese singing in English is kick-awesomely cool. I told them they would get along great with my family because my family loves high school musical as well.

Oh yeah, and the Zone Leader house is off the hook! It has lights, it has running filtered water, a stove, a microwave and they even have AIR CONDITIONING! Holy smokes it’s weird staying there. Everything is so easy inside the house I do nothing, compared to Wichap where we had to work hard to stay alive. It’s crazy, I hardly know what to do with myself. Even the “ftong” sleeping pad seems softer.

So Mom you can sleep easy now, I feel like I’m living in a whole new world (which is a good thing from your standpoint :) .

Kelsey looked beautiful in her grad invitation, thanks. And what happened to your hair! I won’t even ask what school you’re going to because let me guess . . . . . . you don’t know. Ha

Kenzie you need to stop growing, that’s crazy how much you’ve grown, and Zach you should probably start growing, especially in the muscle department. Sydnee keep growing those teeth ya cutie!

We had two baptisms last week. Two sisters Joan and Tesly Peter. It was a superb service and the Mwan Young Women sang a hymn in English, which is the best sounding thing in the world if you ask me. Joan and Tesly are studs and are the fruits of home teaching. Their dad was inactive and home teaching reactivated him and he wanted his daughters to get baptized as soon as possible. Yeah!

Downside, some retard wannabe gangster stole my wallet and my camera from our truck. So if I had a debit or credit card, better cancel that, and I don’t want to say buy a new camera but it would be nice to have one. If not, no worries I’m not here to take pictures, but to leave my testimony to all I meet that the truth is on the earth again, and that is really all that matters. Love you forever.

Tong Ennet,

Elder Wells “Ito”

“Faminiese much” = Families are Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment