29 Sep 2009
Ran Allim ngenikemi!
Oh boy what a week! Elder Sorenson and I have a new motto. It comes from D&C 58:4 “After much tribulation come the blessings.... And right now, let’s just say we’re waiting for the blessings. ha Secondly that little word “much” means a lot more now than it did before. But life is as good as ever. :)
Right now we’re low on investigators progressing towards baptism, but we’re doing plenty of finding so hopefully it will result in some fantastic new investigators.
We had transfer calls last night, and I’m in Chuuk for another! It’s coming down to crunch time. My greatest desire is to at least end my mission in Chuuk, so each transfer I stay in Chuuk means less chance of going to Guam and returning, oh dear.
Our recent (studly) convert Hertina ran into some problems. Her younger sister and her husband that stay with Hertina have taken over the house and have been forcing Hertina and her three children to sleep outside under the “falang” cooking hut. Hertina had enough and went to sleep in her house, but when her younger sister’s husband came home he wasn’t happy at all and under ridiculous circumstances beat Hertina with a metal rod. Hertina left that night with her kids and went to stay at Sameon and Marsine’s house. (They’re preparing to go to the temple in December) and that’s where she is til right now. Her face is way swollen but nothing can slow her down! She still washes our clothes, cooks food for us, loves life more than anything, and is just positive! Nothing can get her down! Amazing, due to the fact that her husband who had gone to America to send back money just barely married another Chuukese woman and left her other kids in America. She has handled all these family problems in such a remarkable way that I am inspired by her example. The truthfulness of God’s restored Gospel brings such happiness and joy that no earthly pain or suffering can quench it and Hertina is a shining example of that. I love her!
The amazingness of this Gospel blows my mind, and seeing it affect peoples lives in such a significant way is spiritual strengthening in everyway. I love this Gospel, and I know with everything emotional, spiritual, and intellectual that I possess that it is true! And that makes me love it even more.
I know Christ is our Redeemer and that Joseph Smith is His Prophet that restored His church to prepare the world and us, for Christ’s magnificent second coming. That through His church and obeying the ordinances and commandments in it we can live forever in the presence of God and I am so pumped about it!
I love you all!
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells “Ito”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment