22 Sep 2009
Ran Allilm ami!
Happy Birthday Dad and McKenzie! Big happy anniversary Mom and Dad you’re all amazing! I bet you all thought I forgot, well I didn’t it’s just a little late. ha Things are as busy as ever but I’m loving it!
I have to brag a little first. The past two p-days we’ve played basketball with the Chuukese and we haven’t lost once. All in all we’ve probably played more than six hours and 60 games of basketball and not once have we lost. So yeah, Zach, I’m still a stud. ha
We had Zone Conference last week and that was a big success! Everyone was edified and spiritually regenerated. I’m excited to see the future results of the conference. The missionaries have done wonders and we have become more unified than ever before! I love these missionaires as much as I love these Chuukese (and that’s a lot). Everything is so good, I love it! And since it is going so well something will probably change so that we won’t get too comfortable. ha Unfortunately that change, I think, involves either Elder Sorenson or myself going to Guam. Oh dear, President Dowdle has verbally verified that I will be going to Guam, the only question now is when? I’m over it.
I have eaten “Nipach” dad (octopus). Paata’s nickname is “Paata Nipach” because they’re famous for catching octopus. And I love it! Nipach is probably my favorite meat to eat with rice, and you know what the best part is? The head! I love the head and “met masouan” (the contents of the inside of an octopus head). That’s one thing you’ll have to learn how to cook when I get back mom. ha
I know I’ve already mentioned it but any new news on BYU swimming? I still go through withdrawals sometimes. Every once in a while for my shower in the morning I’ll fill our bucket we shower with all the way up (5 gal) and then pour it on me all at once and imagine that I’m swimming or at least just immersed in water. ha I’m a nerd.
I’m glad to hear Gramps is out of the hospital, but he’s a stallion so I knew he wouldn’t be in there too long :)
This week will be great! We’ll have plenty of time to go “finding” and find new investigators. We go through investigators pretty quickly here in Muan. If an investigator isn’t progressing we let him/her/them know it, commit them to change and if they don’t . . . . . well we know right where to put them. Right in the former investigator pool. We don’t mess around. We have so much to do we can’t afford to drag someone through everything so they can get baptized and fall away. Our entire focus is finding Abraham’s seed. Those who have been prepared by the Lord and are ready to make the commitments and progression to baptism, and I love it!
My letters have changed over time haven’t they? Sorry, if you all find them boring I write a bunch of stuff that I love as a missionary but I imagine it’s different for you back home. Oh well, the point of the matter is that we’re tearing it up out here. All the Chuuk missionaries are.
“Ua chuen tongeikemi ousap phan ponuku!” I still love you all, don’t forget it!
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells “Ito”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment