Monday, February 8, 2010

"English, Elder Wells, English"

Wonei! I checked my e-mail and there were so many! I was blown out of the water! It was insane! Thanks a million and a half it was great to here from you all again. I think the last time I heard from everybody was way back when I started this whole thing! ha

McKenzie that article about you was way cool!! You look very pretty in your picture as well. I really like the part about me in there... ha You're amazing, those times sound fantastic! Speaking of times, I had my best times posted above my bed for my whole mission as goals to achieve when I returned but when I left Chuuk I forgot the paper. Could you get a list or something of my best times so that I can make a new goal sheet here? That would be awesome.

Kelsey!!!!!!!! You're alive! Thanks for your letter, and you're going to buy a car... that's nuts! You can just continue to tell everybody that I serve in Chuuk because that's definitely where my heart is, so just tell people that. There are actually lot's of Chuukese on Guam and my love for Chuukese people has exponentially grown over these two weeks!! I love their faces off!! Every time I see them it makes my day and I go into Chuukese mode and just sit and talk with them for a good amount of time, while my companion sits and looks bored. ha... So now he's learning Chuukese! I'm teaching him Chuukese and we only speak Chuukese when we're in the car, so pretty much I'm just talking my head off to him so that I can remember Chuukese and he just sits in a half smile stupor. ha ha It's great, and we actually teach quite a few Chuukese people and so I teach them in Chuukese which is so much more comfortable. Actually when we're sitting in English lessons it has happened multiple times where I'll be teaching and I'll be getting all excited while I'm speaking and than Elder S will tap me on the knee and say: "English, Elder Wells, english" Than I realize that I've been speaking Chuukese to the people for 15-20 sec. depending on when Elder S decides to stop me. One time he didn't stop me and I guess I kept going for minutes... ha It's hard to think in English again, and if I can put some cohesive English together it's usually a Chuukese sentence that I translated into English which sounds funny! ha ha It's good though and I'm still doing wonderful missionary work.

Changing from Chuuk to Guam was shocking for my body. I'm freezing every night. (my bed is a mattress that feels so cold and I'd rather not sleep on it so I tried the ground but that's just tile and even colder than the mattress so I just end up freezing either way) I keep getting bloody noses because... I don't know why. I think it's the aircon but Guam is definitely not as humid as Chuuk. It's not nearly as hot either, even when I'm outside I don't sweat, but man in Chuuk, you step out the door for a minute and you're sweating away. I don't see the ocean every day, and that's very disconcerting. I've seen the ocean everyday of mission until I came to Guam, it's weird and I don't really like that. I like the water! But there is this 50m racing pool that's close to our apartment and I stare at it the whole time we drive past it. It's so beautiful I never thought a pool could look so beautiful, but it does!

So my new job I get to plan sweet trainings for the Zone Leaders and other missionaries and have meetings with President Dowdle where we discuss transfers and a bunch of other confidential information, we go on exchanges with missionaries and once a transfer we go on tour to half of the mission and the next transfer we go to the other half. So yes, I will see all the islands in Micronesia and yes I will return to Chuuk twice which I'm pumped out of my mind about!! I'm surprised that mom knows all about that! How do you find all that out?!

We have a Chuukese boy who will be getting baptized the beginning of March and he's a stud! I've been asking everyone and their dog for breadfruit "Mai" here in Guam but I haven't had any yet. I'm going through withdrawals going without breadfruit, taro, tapioca, and fresh reef fish. Going insane is a better word for it, I don't know what to eat here! ha I have so many options and all I want is simply delicious "kon" pounded breadfruit with a "sashimi" style reef fish. Wonei!!! That's good!

I love missionary work and I do like Guam, but Chuuk is the bomb I'm not going to lie. Oh yeah, there was a family that Elder Kuss and I found and taught in Chuuk that was baptized last Saturday!! I would've been there but I was uprooted from Chuuk and placed here. ha But they got baptized, that's what really matters and they're straight up studs!

Well I love you all so much! Thanks for your letters and support! The mailing address is correct mom so you can send boxes here. I miss getting letters!! Letters are much more exciting!! But boxes are always exciting no matter where I am... at least I'm pretty sure(you should probably send one and try)ha

Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak!

Elder Wells "Ito"

No comments:

Post a Comment