I will definitely be doing e-mail here seeing as that I get free e-mail here in the office because I'm in here part of the time. Wonei!
I don't know what in the world I'm doing here in Guam, I feel like I'm a fish out of water and it blows my mind! I could tell you all so much but it would take pages and pages because everything I do is a new experience! Like knocking on doors! I knocked on my first door of my mission the other day, and that was nuts, I also gave my first door approach and that was a memorable one! I'm still getting grief about it. You'll have to remember to ask me about it when I return.
Right now I'm with Elder Sandvik and Elder Brown, I will be replacing Elder Brown and let me tell you all, they are experienced Guam missionaries. I'm an experienced Chuuk missionary but that accounts for jack squat here on Guam and I feel as if I'm centuries behind them. I'm just on a steep learning curve.
I live in an apartment with the office elders. The Ap's and the office elders stay together because they work together a lot. The apartment is huge by the way! I think if you took every house that I stayed in in Chuuk and put them together that this apartment would be quite bigger! It blows my mind!. There's so much room everywhere! It's fun though to have four elders all the time. there is a real weight bench in the apartment and that's gangster so I can still lift so I'm pumped about that!
I'm now cruising around in this sweet minivan and I'm freezing all the time because the aircon's are insanely powerful!! I keep expecting power to go off at any minute but it never does and I sometimes catch myself wondering why the power company does such a good job here. Guam definitely isn't as hot as Chuuk, it's definitely not as green as Chuuk either, but their are quite a few Chuukese here in Guam and it makes my day whenever I meet one because then i can just speak all the Chuukese I want and I feel like I know a little bit of where I am. Then when I'm done talking to the Chuukese person my head is in a whirlwind again and I don't know what I'm doing. They do missionary work at night which is weird and I need to get used to. They wake up later because they don't need light to do missionary work here like in Chuuk. My shirts never seem to get dirty. They don't have sweat stains or anything like that at the end of the day and so I feel that I can wear my shirts for 3 or 4 days... so I do! Oh man and pants never get dirty here I could go for weeks with the same pants. I was actually thinking that I could go 3-4 weeks without doing laundry here, but I guess I'll follow the crowd and do it every week. I'm convinced that my clothes would get dirtier in week in Chuuk than 5 weeks in Guam and I'd be fully willing to go that long without doing laundry. Don't think I'm weird or uncivil but that's really my honest belief after having served in Chuuk.
Thank you so much for those pictures of the Josephs they absolutely loved them!!! It was so fun to see them look at those pictures!! It blew them away they were so pumped!! Thank you so so so so so much for doing that! They will remember you all forever. They said to give an extra thanks to you from them, they wanted to do something for you all but I said that if they just remembered that they had family that lived in Orem Utah that would be enough. They agreed! Which means that you all have a family in Chuuk!! That's something special let me tell you. That poster was so cool!!
Ok, i could go on forever and ever but I gotta stop because I need to go play some sweet volleyball!!
Tong Jaiwak!!,
Elder Wells "Ito"
oh man no one is going to call me that anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment