5/12/09
Famini!!
It was great talking to you all on the phone! You all sound great!
District Conference was good. We had an attendance of 341 total, that’s from all the branches. Zone Conference was even better! Elder Stevenson gave a good training, and it’s always amazing to be around President Dowdle. President Dowdle’s love for us missionaries is indescribable, it emanates from him. He is an inspired man and the opportunity to serve under his guidance is amazing. I love him!
Nothing much has gone on this week. We came in on Friday to Muan, and I won’t return to Wichap until Wednesday evening. We had District Conference on Saturday and Sunday with Zone Conference on Monday, P-Day on Tuesday and an exchange with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday. Six days in total and five were with 8 -10 elders sleeping lined up in a tiny house, and man that can get hot.
So work wise not much has happened in the form of teaching lessons and finding investigators and such. But we have learned many things that will be able to benefit our work. It’s Chuuk and things definitely happen different than in other missions, but I enjoy every second!
Because I’m District Leader, I get to interview baptismal candidates for the areas in my district. It means Friday I don’t spend much time in my area but It’s exciting to see the preparation of investigators for their first ordinance.
Elder Stevenson felt inspired to talk to us about keeping our thoughts virtuous. He said a great way (and possibly the best) to keep virtue with us is to memorize scriptures, hymns, or inspirational quotes/poems. I think that is a kick-awesome idea, but I’m already a step behind you Dad. You’re already doing good stuff like that which is impressive. I’m starting as soon as I get back to Wichap. When my mind is not on the work it can wander pretty easily, but with things I’m trying to memorize I’ll be able to keep my thoughts on spiritual things. It’s simple but I’m super pumped about it, it’s going to rock my world!
Nothing exciting happening, but I’ll be sure to let you know when it does happen. Thank you for all your love and support.
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells Ito
No comments:
Post a Comment