Monday, July 20, 2009

"Finding"

30 June 2009

Ran Allim!

Our P-days have been changed to Tuesday so if you’re getting letters later that is why.

Well, first I am not with Elder Sorenson, yet. I am still in a threesome with Elders Varo and Ulmer, and turns out Elder Sorenson might not even be my companion. In my interview with President he said: I have no idea yet who your next companion will be. So, we’ll find out all that business next week.

This week was great! President taught us about the doctrine of finding at zone conference. Who’d a thought? There is a doctrine to even finding people to teach! Super! It’s even in a book that you wouldn’t think to turn to, the Book of Abraham. Basically, finding those people that are of the Abrahamic Covenant is what it is. We find those, soon to be, Abrahamic covenant people by finding through those people that are already apart of that covenant (man, I don’t know English) very simply, it’s finding through families. Finding through member families to any relatives or friends they have.

The whole reason I bring this up is because it works! We’ve applied it in our finding and our new investigators are just ready for it! One example, last week I talked to a member that had just recently started coming to church (thanks to the efforts of home teaching) and we talked about his family, all of them, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, great grandparents, great grandkids, cousins five times removed and everything in between. After discussing them all I asked him if he thought anyone out of his large family would accept a visit and message from us. He said: Yeah! (in Chuukese of course) There are two that live with me right now in my house. You come teach them and they’ll be baptized. He wasn’t lying. We showed up at his house and walked into his ut (meeting house) sitting on the floor were two young teens both had a Book of Mormon and were waiting reverently. I almost jumped up and down and ran around.

We sat down had a wonderful lesson, committed them to church and to read the B of M and pray. Sunday came, they showed up and have been regular ever since. They will be getting baptized in the next couple of weeks (most likely). Just like that! All we did was ask, and the Lord had prepared certain people to be there to help us and then had prepared the two individuals. There names are Peter-S, and Keinin. They’re studs. So, yeah the church is true if you didn’t know and missionary work is the greatest.

I’m still memorizing a way so if you have any sweet stuff dad, hook me up. Right now I’m memorizing the Articles of Faith. Embarrassing, I didn’t have them already memorized. Elder L. Tom Perry in 1998 General Conference said it would be a great blessing if every church member memorized the Articles of Faith and knew the principles in them. He promised that those who did would be prepared to preach the gospel. When I read that I got my act together and started memorizing them. Ha

Can you believe you’ll be the oldest at home McKenzie? Crazy! I love you guys guts, or lets just leave it at I really, really, really, (fakkun, wejewgen, ennet) love you guys.

Tong Ennet

Elder Ito


We also got a package the same day we received this letter!! Yea, our first one. The small note inside said this: Wow, here it is. At least some of it. Ha Just wash the wood carvings and they’ll be fine :) There’s more but I can’t fit it. The skatos “skirts” are for the girls, the octopus is Zach’s and mom and dad’s stuff didn’t fit but will come someday . . . . . Sea shells for everyone. Sorry it took forever, I have more :)

(the seashells are amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment