18 June 2009
Ran Allim!
We just had zone conference and all the elders crammed in our house, so this letter is a little late due to preparations and making sure all the elders stayed alive!
Zone Conference was super, as always, and everyone had good feelings about it. We, as zone leaders, trained on chapter four from Preach My Gospel, which deals with the spirit. A kick-awesome chapter if I do say so myself. Best part about training on this chapter of recognizing the spirit was having the spirit present in the training so that all were enlightened and edified.
Being in the islands I’m surrounded by islanders obviously. President Dowdle made some statements about his ancestry being from Ireland and England and since those are isles, he was claiming the title of islander. I like that, and it got me interested more in our ancestry. Our ancestors came from Wales and England right? I’m not sure, wish I would have paid more attention but dad I know you can tell me, so if you could write or send something about our genealogy that would be sweet. Because if President Dowdle is claiming islander, you bet I’m claiming islander as well, President also mentioned that there are statements by some members of the Quorum of the 12 about the inhabitants of the British Isles and if you know of any of that would be super sweet as well, because I have no access to that. ha It struck a chord of interest when he started talking about those things and I have no way to find them out in Chuuk. If anyone can find time to help me out that would be great!
I’ll share with you the quote I just memorized from Joseph Smith. I’ve been studying a lot about receiving personal revelation and the necessity it is to receive it, particularly in proclaiming the gospel: “The things of God are of deep import and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous solemn thoughts can only find them out. Thy mind, oh man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search unto and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity--thou must commune with God. How much more dignified and noble are the thoughts of God than the vain imaginations of the human heart! None, but fools will trifle with the souls of men.”
The coolest thing about personal revelation is that every person that has the Holy Ghost is entitled to receive it if we will ask, and seek.
I love you all, like my own blood! Oh, wait ....... :) I really mean it when I say I love you all. In Chuukese culture/language to tell someone you love them is a very meaningful expression and is not treated lightly. You will never tell someone you love them unless you honestly do, and when someone expresses that it is taken very seriously. So, when I say “Ua men tongeikemi” (I love you guys) I mean it in a very serious way.
Take care, don’t die.
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells “Ito”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment