21 July 2009
Ran Allim!
Ifa usumi? Man Zach sounds like one busy boy this summer, non-stop action. McKenzie good luck with Zones and tapering is always exciting! Sydnee I hear you’re a studly swimmer, and a very pretty princess. Kelsey, well…. I don’t know seeing as I don’t get letters from you. I’m just kidding I love when you do write. Mom sounds busier than all and I’m sure Dad is as good looking as ever.
This past week we’ve been getting prepared for Zone conference that will happen this Thursday, and I’m super pumped about it. I think it’s going to be the bomb.
Elder Sorenson is from Idaho. He’s a stud. He went to a year of college at Boise State, worked for a year and then came out on his mission. So he has a year more of “real world” experience that is beneficial to the Zone. Ha Seeing as our Zone is super, super young. Besides one Elder, Elder Sorenson and I are the only missionaries in our zone that have been longer than a year. Everyone else has been out 9 months or less. So young! I worry about all these little boys running around these islands. Ha
While finding this past week we were hiking way up on the mountain. (Same as Wichap mountain but other side) and found a super wonderful family that were stoked to see us. We visited and set a return appointment because there was no man present, and just as we were about to start the long trip down the mountain path, they said: “Wait don’t go that way, go the fast way.” So one of their kids led us to a different path that apparently was the “fast” way. After about 50 yards down the trail we came to a cliff. Attached to a tree a little further up was a telephone cable that dangled down to the bottom of the cliff. The little girl that led us said, here it is, this is the fast way. I was thinking, yeah the fast way right to Guam with two broken arms, sprained ankles and shattered fibulas. The little girl, 7-years old, grabbed the cable and shimmied down in no time. By then I was competitive and there was no way a 7-year old girl was going to show me up. So I grabbed that cable like a man and repelled down that cliff. My hands have definitely become soft out here because it hurt pretty darn good. It was sweet and no one died so I was pumped. We’ll be teaching that family and hopefully things will go well :)
I had a bunch to write but I forgot because my letter is so long. Ha Now the Elders are at our house for P-day and all intelligence left the door they came in. ha A bunch of illiterate Chuukese speaking missionaries, what studs. For real though they are, I love them to death!
I love you all as well, don’t die :)
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells Ito
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment