28 July 2009
Ran Allim!
Thanks for the box! It’s been forever since I’ve eaten cookies! They were so good! Thanks Kenz.
Yes, my finger is all good. When do you all fly to Hawaii? Isn’t that coming up soon?
Last week we had Zone Conference and our training went very well. All the elders got safely back to their islands and nothings better than that.
The Chuuk zone has a brotherhood like love that other zones don’t have, says President Dowdle. And it’s true, but this Zone Conference President said that he felt a change. The love the Chuuk missionaries had for each other wasn’t as present as before he said, and man he’s right. President realized it and we spent much time in our interview talking about it. It is troubling for him and he said it needs to change because that’s one thing that makes the Chuuk zone different than the rest. The biggest challenge we face as Zone Leaders is not finding investigators, or being productive with our time but to be able to help the brotherly love return amongst the missionaries. Can do!
Romalum had a new chapel built and dedicated last week which is sweet! It’s really nice and very big. Finally the members will be able to all fit in the church. An area authority was supposed to come dedicate the chapel but he missed his flight so Friday evening President found out that he would be dedicating the building. Saturday at about 1:00 pm President called and said that he wanted the dedicatory prayer to be translated (dedicatory prayers are written previous to the dedication). So he stopped by and gave us the prayer and asked us to translate it. And that is what we spent the rest of the day doing. Translating a long three page prayer into Chuukese, fried our brains. President is a very intelligent man and the words he uses just don’t work in Chuukese. But, with the Lords help we were able to get it translated, printed, and made 20 copies by 9:15 pm, so that rocked.
We went to church in Wichap last week. There were only 11, including us. I don’t know what happened but we had as many as 52 attending when I was there, but it began decreasing ever since that Sunday of 52. Macky is still a stud and I still love his guts. We are leaving for Guam on Aug. 11, our tickets are booked, I’ll be going to Guam. President said we might even go bowling. What the heck? That blew my mind, I forgot stuff like that even existed. I’ll inform you when it happens.
OK, I’m going to use the rest of my P-day to rest. Love you lots, good luck in all your activities. Don’t die :)
Tong Ennet,
Elder Wells Ito
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment