3 Nov 2009
Nepong Allim ai inepwineu! (family in old old Chuukese)
Man so today was a national holiday so the post office was closed. Meaning I couldn’t read your letter and reply to anything in it. All is good, no worries!
We got General Conference. They sent actual DVD’s to us! It was so cool! It was the first conference that I’ve watched or read all the talks of since I’ve been on my mission. That’s weird. ha. The places I was in at the times when General Conference happened didn’t have access to any stuff like that. Another blessing of serving in Muan.
Power has been terrible as of late. The power company got a new manager and he’s supposed to save CPUC (the company) a bunch of money, but he’s not all there because he just never turns power on now. We’ve been days without power and without power this house is more fit for a sauna. It’s a shoebox with no holes which equals constant sweating by my body. Anything I write down during studies gets smeared by sweat from my arms, hands, and face. But hey I love Chuuk to death and wouldn’t want in any differently. :)
We have a huge circus fest coming up this week. We have zone conference on Friday (which means Elders are IN for interviews on Thusday) and then Saturday and Sunday we have district conference. So what that amounts to is four days of putting up 12 elders in this shoebox. Plus doing every the Presidents needs to make sure everything happens smoothly. Some how feeding all the elders during those four days (which at the end of the transfer means no one has money except Elder Sorenson and I :)) Making sure all the elders still somewhat like each other by the time they all leave on Sunday, and just about 562 other things that we have to do. It’s all good, because Elder Sorenson and I are so good at running like chickens with our heads cut off you can hardly even tell that we don’t have a clue as to what we’re doing. I love it!
This weekend will be fun! Zone Conference is going to be kick-awesome amazing, and we’ve planned sweet zone exercise activities for the morning. We’re going to have a Chuuk Zone Family Home Evening. It’s going to be insanely awesome! The reason we have all sorts of sweet activities planned is that on these long sleep overs everyone’s patience starts running a little thin, and I don’t like that. So if we have sweet activities going on no one can lose their temper too bad. ha. I’m pumped!
Sewel got baptized! We got him yes we did! We baptized him before church. Wayne, our Branch President, performed the baptism and I performed the confirmation. It was amazing as all baptisms are and he bore his testimony during testimony meeting which was really neat.
Power just came on! Yeah! Celebrate, have a party. Hopefully it will stay on for more than an hour so that I can party during my sleep. ha
Love you all, lots. Ai tong mi ennetin Jaiwak fun itemi!
Tong Jaiwak fiti Ennet,
Elder Wells “Ito”
No comments:
Post a Comment