27 Oct 2009
Nepong Allilm Ami!
Those pics of Zach's interception are pretty sweet! Nice work bro! Keep representing for the Wells family. McKenzie I'm so pumped that you're starting high school swimming. You'll have so much fun, make sure to love every second of it! I was always on the Blue Team and Blue always won :) Sydnee you're nine! Holy smokes you're so big. I liked your carpet burn on your head picture. Very pretty.
I got the pictures of me mom thank you so much. My Chuukese moms will love them! Man, I sure look different. ha I've been eating so healthy lately and pumping the weights, so I'm looking good :) My motivation has been BYU Swimming. I don't know why but I got excited for their season. Thanks for the results of the Pacific Invitational meet dad. All-american Brandon Watson is nice to have back.
I loved the positive affirmation by Sydnee, that's pretty amazing of her. I can just see her smiling big all the time.
That is something I've done since day 1 of my mission is to smile. At first I just smiled always to hide that I was scared or not sure what I was doing. I wasn't about to let anyone see that so I just smiled and no one could tell :) As time went on I just kept smiling through rain and shine, rough and bad, stupid and dumb and coming out on the other side. I was sailing smooth instead of all beat up from what happened. I like it, so I kept smiling. It's now at a point that whenever something goes different than planned or something turns rotten I, out of habit, just smile and nothing seems terrible after that. I have so much to smile about that I can't stop; from sun up to sun down. I'm doing the best work in the world and that in itself is enough to keep anyone smiling. Not to mention that I have a studly good looking family at home (and that includes, of course, all extended members :)) who love me enough to keep writing to their son and brother who lives in Chuuk. Thank you!
Well Sewel is getting baptized this week and that's pretty monumental. After five months of working with him he's finally there!
Last week we had zone p-day and then I went on an exchange to the island of Uman for a couple of days so that is why I wasn't able to send a letter. In Uman Elder T and I caught a rat, because their house is crawling with them, we showed it who was boss and we'll just say that he won't be coming around anymore. Uman is a really great island, it's probably my third favorite after Romalum and Paata (and I haven't even worked there for more than a couple days. ha). Elder T and I also wrote a song in Chuukese for the ukelele.
I have a nickname that I need to tell you. It's "charame". "Charame" is like Chuukese sweet talk but it's really complex, more so than any sweet talk in English, anyway, I know a lot of it so the Chuukese gave me that as my nickname. No DON'T WORRY I'm not wooing all the Chuukese ladies out here but maybe it will help me in the long run when I return home. ha
A watte ai tong ngenikemi. Ewe tong a nom rei fan itemi ese kuch fonufan ika fan sat. Chechemeni pur ai tong esap much! Love your guys' guts!
Tong Jaiwak!
Elder Wells "Ito"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment