Monday, May 17, 2010

Thoughts from Elder Chistopherson

Ran Allim ami!

Wow! Two weeks of e-mails that is intense! Fun to read though... Thanks!!

The coaching job sounds great!! Count me in I'm all for it! Thanks for suggesting my name to them! I'm stoked I get to pound Zach into the ground! ha Packages take maybe a week to get here, sometimes faster. It's pretty easy here in Guam.

That's crazy that you're released from being in that Bishopric dad. It seems like you've been in that thing forever! What's your new calling going to be now!? Good work Syd on going undefeated and keep playing aggressive it feels good to knock someone over... ha Is Sydnee swimming this summer? Or is she just going to be a soccer girl? I think she made a good choice to play soccer over dance... I was getting a little worried there...

Ok, I'll share some thoughts from Elder Christopherson. The messages he shared were very different in both Chuuk and Guam so it was interesting to be there to listen to both and feel the difference. A question was asked in Guam about what we can do to keep our faith doubt free. I loved his response, it was interesting. "You can't!" He then went on to explain that from our peephole on the vision of eternity to keep our faith free of doubt was impossible. Not until we are exalted and inherit the Celestial Kingdom when every jot and every tittle... everything will be made manifest unto us will we be able to know everything and by knowing everything be free of doubt. I think that surprised plenty of the missionaries... but he continued. He held up the Book of Mormon and he said "But you can know enough that your doubts will not hold you back." He explained that a spiritual witness of the reality of the Book of Mormon will keep your faith more than strong enough to withstand the doubts and enabling us to continually progress spiritually. If we do not have a concrete witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon then our doubts will plague us and hinder us from progressing all our lives. On the other hand if our witness is solid and we know the Book of Mormon to be true our doubts will be resolved one by one as we progress to exaltation where we will know all things.

I enjoyed that. He's a stud. The meeting in Chuuk was just different all together. The spirit was stronger there and the spirit witnessed to my soul over and over as I sat and listened to him that he was an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was more personal in Chuuk. The Chuuk Zone has always been a band of brothers and you can feel it. It feels different than any zone I've been in or visited and it was felt by Elder Christopherson and has been felt and remarked on by General Authorities in the past. Because of that, I believe, Elder Christopherson spoke on a different level to us and the things he said to us there I take to be very sacred. I'll share them, maybe, sometime when I return.

I wanted to personally ask him what he thought of Chuuk, but we ran out of time. So I asked President Dowdle what he might have mentioned to him. President Dowdle said that Elder Christopherson was very humbled in going to Chuuk. (and everyone is) He said that Elder Christopherson was impressed by the wonderful spirit that he found in Chuuk in general and especially amongst the people. He'll give a good report on Thursday in his meeting with the 12 and First Presidency in the Temple. I just think that's so cool! They're going to talk about Chuuk in the highest councils of the Church! Hopefully they'll send more missionaries! There is just not enough Chuukese speaking missionaries to help the greatest people in the world!

Ok, I don't remember anything else. Oh, when we were in Kosrae we went to some ancient ruins of a city that was built out of these huge basalt rocks! It was intense! I have no idea how in the world they piled huge huge rocks on top of each other. It was pretty amazing... I'll just have to show you the pictures.

Ok, now I've run out of things to write, or at least forgotten most of the things I was going to wirte..... Oh yeah.... I love Chuuk and Chuukese people!!!!!!! I think that about covers everything. ha

Tong Ennet fit Jaiwak,
Elder Wells "Ito"

No comments:

Post a Comment