Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trunky for Chuuk

RAN ALLIM!

Thanks for e-mailing early! P-Day is switched permanently to Monday so (not that it matters for too much longer but...) keep e-mailing me earlier!

That's way awesome that you got to speak with Elder Christopherson dad, he's the man! Were you nervous? ha Every time President Dowdle received a call from him, before he came to Guam and Chuuk, you could tell that he was calling because President Dowdle would become real serious and walk into another room. That's neat though... I've told you what President Dowdle thinks and he thinks that you might be called to be a Mission President... You never know... Just released from BYU ward, speaks spanish, works for the church, kids are leaving home...... I don't know.... ha ha Just kidding. Have you heard anything about the Cranney's? Didn't he get called to go serve in Russia? How are they doing? Are they back?

You'll all have to tell me how Zach and Doug's talks went, that's so neat that they get to speak together!

Zach those are some killer shoes man! Those are way sweet the only problem with them is that they are Nike and not Adidas... someday you'll learn. I am on Moroni 10 in the Book of Mormon. That is the last chapter in the book (in case you didn't know. ha). I'll finish it tomorrow.

You all couldn't wait for me to come home before you had the Wells family reunion!? What is that? Just kidding, I hope you all have fun down there in St. George. Elder Hatch and I looked up our apartment on Google Earth from here in the office. It looks great! and so does Glenwood! I could care less, although I am pretty pumped about it being close to the Richards Building so that it's a short walk to practice.

I talked to Brother DeValle again today about translation. He was pumped as ever about having me join. He reaffirmed that they'll shove as much stuff as they can at whoever can handle it. ha He's going to send me a translation test before I leave so that they can evaluate me or something like that... (Ironic that I'm going to be evaluated by another returned missionary instead of a local hmm..... I guess that's just because there aren't any on the team. ha) After all that is done I'm pretty much good to go. I've completed all the applications that he has given me, the only thing left is that I need a worthiness interview with Bishop Dyer when I get home, which he sends to Brother DeValle and then I'm good to go! So maybe you could mention that to Bishop Dyer. I'll just get Bishop Dyer's info. when I get home so that I can send it here to Brother DeValle who will then send an e-mail to Bishop Dyer to confirm worthiness. That's it! Coolness!

What's going on with summer swim training? What are the UVRays up to this summer? Do you know anything about the training Tim will have going on during the summer?

We're pushing hard for Zone Leader Council next week! I think we're going to blow it out of the water! I'm really excited for some of the ideas that we've come up with. Orientation is going to be better too! We've added some new things to it and it's going to blow everyone out of the water! President Dowdle is going to love it! (he already does like the stuff that we changed but he's going to like it even more now!) I do know where Tanner's friend is going! But, if I told you I'd have to kill you... and I love you too much for that! ha

The new Assistant will be coming with us at the end of this week... which will be odd because I will kind of be the third wheel for the following weeks! It's cool, as long as we keep meeting Chuukese! I love them so much! The one thing I'm most scared about going home is not being able to be around Chuukese people. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself... I think about it and it doesn't quite make sense in my brain because I don't want to accept the fact that it's going to happen.

Lot's of people ask me if I'm "trunky" (ready/wanting to go home). I respond to them........ YES! I am very trunky!..... I am very trunky for Chuuk. That surprises them. ha

I don't know what else to say. We did a lot of finding last week with little success. I don't really enjoy finding all that much in Guam. In Chuuk it was great! We got into every house we went to! Here in Guam we can go all day without making it into one. (Unless we run into some Chuukese... which fortunately is often, as long as you know where to go) I'm not complaining! No way! Don't get me wrong. People like Jason Bodine are inspirations to me, because they can do that! They are amazing! For reals I look up to those guys. But it's rough coming from what has happened for the past 20 months and then to something totally new. It makes you grow a lot, so I take some comfort in that fact. ha

Yes, Chuukese are great! You are great! I love the Lord and His work and it is great!

Peace and love like a dove!

Tong me kinamwe ussun emon muro!

Elder Wells "Ito"

No comments:

Post a Comment