Ran Allim!!
Thanks so much for your letters, and I 'm sorry that today will have to be short. We are in Kosrae right now and don't have much time so I'm just e-mailing you to tell you that I'll be calling you all on my 17th which is your 16th at around 12:00 my time... So be there at sometime around then and I'll call. We'll be in Chuuk on Mothers day visiting the missionaries so we probably wont have time, but don't you worry... I'm going to call you all!
Elder Paton and Colemere say hi! Ok so it turns out I just got a lot more time because the other elders got on and now we're going to be here forever! I think we're going to go see some Kosraen ruins. It should be pretty cool. I just came from teaching a Chuukese member... He was a stud!
Ok, so we'll be on tour until next Thursday and then we fly back! I'm sad because that will be my last time in Chuuk as a missionary but I'm happy that I do get to go back! Elder Christopherson is flying in to Chuuk on Wednesday and having a member meeting/dedication followed by a missionary meeting! That missionary meeting will have 12 missionaries there plus the Duncans and the Dowdles coming out to a whopping total of 16 people meeting with Elder Christopherson! Yeah it's going to be intense! I'm pumped about it! Then on Thursday he's going to meet with some government officials before he flies back to Guam. We'll be flying back on the same flight as him! Then Friday he will have another missionary meeting in Guam! There will be a few more missionaries there... only like 24 though, so I'm pumped out of my mind to be to all these meetings with an Apostle! These last few weeks are getting packed with stuff going down!
We have Zone Leader council the very last week of the transfer and that's always madness with getting all the ZL's in from their islands and then having crazy long meetings and a bunch of other stuff that comes along with Zone Leader Council. The new assistant usually comes a week or so early so that I can show him some stuff that he has to do, so that will be the last week of the transfer, right along with Zone Leader Council! Guam District Conference is happening after Elder Christopherson takes off. The two weeks that are sandwiched between Tour/Elder Christopherson and Zone Leader Council are packed as well. We need to go on four exchanges with missionaries in Guam, prepare everything for Zone Leader Council (which is a lot), the FINAL interview with President, and go to a final testimony meeting for departing missionaries! It's non-stop action for the next month so hold my breath and hope it goes well! Plus I have to train Elder Colemere in assistant stuff... Which really isn't all that much but he seems pretty overwhelmed to have me leaving! ha What he doesn't know is that I don't know what I'm doing half the time... I'm just making it up!!ha
What else..... Erevin Benjamin, the chuukese guy we baptized, got the Aaronic Priesthood last week and he's so pumped about it! He comes teaching with us 3 to 4 times a week and would like to come with us everyday if we could! I love him!
Happy Mothers day mom!!! All you kids better take care of mom well or I'm going to pummel you when I get there!
Zach Miller is coming home! That is insane!! You all better give him big huge hugs for me!! Same with Jason Bodine if you see him hanging around.. Give him a hug for me too! As well as Brady Hafen!! Better yet hug everyone that I know for me! THanks
Ok, that threw me off my train of thought... I've lost it... I'm coming up blank........... Yeah ok, I give up.
Oh, so translation is looking pretty good! Brother Devalle has had me do some stuff already and he liked it, which is odd because he can't read Chuukese. He's really excited about me helping out with translation, he says there is so much stuff that needs to be translated and they have no one to do it! Translation is based in Guam, but Interpretation is in Salt Lake. Interpretation does the General Conference and any other broadcasts that are translated in Chuukese. Brother Devalle said that Interpretation is full of a bunch of RM's that have been off their missions for 10-15 years. Translation on the other hand just wants anyone and everyone that is knew and fresh. Getting hooked up with him and the translation department is the way to go and I'm stoked about it!
Oh, something else that's cool. President Dowdle is making a formal request to the missionary department that all missionaries assigned to the Micronesia Guam Mission be taught Chuukese in the MTC!!! He says because the Chuukese are everywhere and they are, right now, prepared for the gospel and they are accepting it full on! If they learned it in the MTC they will no doubt use it at some point on their mission and even if they go to Pohnpei or somewhere they will use it and it will help them learn Pohnpeian or Kosraen or whatever it is. Then he talked about how if it was approved they would have two RM living together in BYU that could get the class started............. Elder Sorenson and Me! How sweet would that be!!!! Gangsta!! We don't know yet, but all the missionaries have agreed that it would have helped tremendously to have learned Chuukese....................! What can I say Chuuk is the best!! But you all already knew that............................. right?
Ok, so what was going to be a short letter turned out to be a really long one!
Ai tong ngenikemi! Love you all! Akkaeuin ngeni inach nan! First to mom!
Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak!
Elder Wells "ITO"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment