April 13, 2009
Ran Allim! Ai famini!
I’ve received the birthday package as you can tell from this sweet stationery and the package before this one. Thanks a billion, I needed all the things in the package including the Easter eggs!
The Chuukese do celebrate Easter, but they celebrated a week late. Ha And they observe every American holiday plus some I’ve never heard of. They even celebrate UEA. Isn’t that just a Utah thing? Well they do, and all “holidays” involve big parties where Chuukese can eat lots of food. Since eating lots of food is probably the favorite Chuukese custom, they find any reason they can (thus the holiday) to throw a party and eat lots of food. In fact there are two days a year where the Governor of Chuuk, ha, can declare a State Holiday. It’s up to him and when he wants it, it will happen. I will admit that I do not oppose in any way. The more holidays the more parties, meaning more opportunities for Elder Wells to eat some DELICIOUS Chuukese food! I love it!
You’ll have to tell me how Wicked is! That’s kick-awesome that you guys are going to Palmyra and visiting those sights. The things that transpired in those places were the most significant happenings of these latter days. Because of what happened in those places, I am halfway across the world in a group of minute islands called Chuuk, fulfilling the statement/prophecy by the First Prophet in this Dispensation of the Fullness of Times, Joseph Smith, that this Gospel would fill the world!
Fifteen young men, from across the world, packed their bags for two years to come to the islands of Chuuk to declare to these people what happened in the Sacred Grove and those places, and how it can change their lives. Fifteen young men, one unique message, the hope of helping save hundreds of souls, the determination to change Chuuk, and the Champion of Israel going before us, on our right hand and on our left. Who can stop such a force?
Aren’t senior pictures coming up? Kelsey I expect to receive an invitation to your graduation, which is insane by the way.
Do you realize that I’ll be calling home in a couple weeks! Crazy! I thought I talked to you guys last week.
Thomas received the Aaronic Priesthood in the office of Priest on Sunday. I had the opportunity to give it to him. Man and talking about Sunday, Sundays are always super busy. I’ll give you a sample. Yesterday, Sunday, I made some kind of pancake for the sacrament, then I got and prepared the water as well. I broke and blessed the bread and blessed the water. After which I gave a talk that needed to last for 40 minutes to fill time requirements but only lasted 16 minutes, ha. After sacrament I taught Sunday School and taught about the signs of the 2nd coming, which apparently was new to them so I spent much time answering the craziest questions. After Sunday School, the Elders Quorum President began teaching about Home Teaching, which he really didn’t know anything about so he gave me all the time to teach about Home Teaching. The quorum president then began to organize it, but it was all wrong so he gave me the rest of the time to explain to everyone the organization of Home Teaching and then I set it up for them. I then gave Thomas the Priesthood, after which gave the closing prayer. Then I compiled the financial report for the branch, fixed mathematical errors and collected all receipts. After all that I was able to throw down some tapioca and metton (coconut milk) before heading to our appointments.
That is, in fact, a very typical Sunday, and I love it! It’s hard to imagine a smooth running ward in Utah. Do they really exist?
“Ai tong ngenikemi, esap much.” Which is Chuukese for “my love for you guys, will never end.” Ha
Tong Ennet,
Elder Ito
P.S. Our solar power only powers our lights. Dumb. After doing things by candle light for so long it’s weird with light. So we don’t even use it. We just continue to use our candles. Solar is worthless. Maybe I’ll go live with the Amish when I come back. Ha
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment