April 6, 2009
Nepong Allim! Ai we famili,
I forgot what I wrote in Sammy’s letter, glad you all liked it. Ha Good questions mom about the language. It’s not a written language but people sure try hard to write it. Ha One word, if tried to spell correctly, can literally be written over 50 different ways. You can write madness and it will look like it makes sense. Because people just try to write the language is the main reason investigators don’t read the Book of Mormon. They say the wording and spelling is confusing and I’ll agree, but then again almost anything written that’s over a paragraph long is confusing. They only have some selections of the Book of Mormon translated in Chuukese. We have plenty copies of the Book of Mormon to hand out, as well as the Proclamation to the Family. Thank you for sending those I’m amazed you found them. And yes Wichap is the roughest area in Weno (Moen). It’s where the biggest gangs live. Ha But truth be told Faichuuk, which includes Romalum and Paata, two villages were quite literally at war with each other. Everyone was in by 5:00 pm because that’s when the battle from the previous day would begin. Some trails we just didn’t walk on at all because that was a “war zone” and those who walked on them were phillipined (the home made darts). I could go into more detail, but it’ll suffice to say that Wichap is not as rough as Faichuuk (a group of islands).
But enough of that, that’s not the important stuff. The important stuff is we had two baptisms this week! Thomas and Rina! And I had the amazing privilege of baptizing both of them. Dad, you know the feeling, but it’s hard to describe the feeling I get at each baptismal service. When someone you have taught and strived with makes the life changing decision to be baptized words cannot express the tender feelings the Spirit gives to you at that time. At each service I feel that I am a part of a miracle. The miracle of eternal life is opened to those baptized at these services and what a blessing it is to have been a part of as many as I have. Though no glory or thanks to me. Glory be to the Lord for He is the one that converted them; all we did was find them and even then the Lord led us to them or them to us, so in reality we did very little. . . I just smile a lot and say thanks. Ha
That’s way sweet that you guys will go visit those places. I’m sure that will be a neat experience. I will be interested to hear ALL of your thoughts and feelings about that trip. Hint, hint: Kelsey, McKenzie, Zach, Sydnee ha
I hope everything goes well with your business analysis dad. I don’t know if I ever told you this but you’re really smart. I mean really, really smart. But I tell all my companions that to make up. Ha You too mom. Elder Hill loves you, and so does Elder Fox. Fox just barely went home and he might call you. He’s a Chuuk thug.
Iwe, a wes met ua mochen makkei iei, ua tongeikemi chapur, pwan iotek fan itemi.
Ousap mano!
Tong Ennet,
Elder Ito
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment