22 December 2009
Fakkun Ran Allim chapur ngenikemi!!!
I don’t think, or it seems to me, that you’re not receiving all my letters. I’ve sent one every week I’m pretty sure so I don’t know what happened. I could have easily lost my mind, there are a thousand things going on and I’m able to remember them all only with the help of the Lord so it could have got lost in my mind somewhere. ha I don’t think all the boxes have come . . . . but I could be losing my mind again. I count four boxes and one package with that CD in it so 5? I definitely didn’t get the oatmeal raisin cookies box, I would remember that! :)
We’ve been pumping Christmas spirit into the nervous systems of all the missionaries and members here in Chuuk! ha Especially the missionaries since Christmas time can be distracting, so we combine Christmas and missionary work and by golly we get good results! :)
The past couple of weeks we’ve had some great opportunities to do service for recent converts and members. Since Christmas time lots of parties happen which mean lots of cooking which means they need a lot of firewood! (So call the studs!) So Elder Kuss and I have tackled a couple huge trees to help our recent converts and members get enough firewood. And I’ll tell you that is hard work! That’s not for the faint of heart! ha I won’t brag, but I’ll just say I’m pretty darn good at hacking down a tree with an axe! If I was consistently doing that I would be ripped out of mind. ha So Zach if you’re feeling really manly and muscly go cut down a big ol’ Christmas tree with an axe. Then we’ll see who really has the muscles.
We just set another baptismal date here in Mwan!! Estino is his name and he’ll be getting baptized on the 2nd of January. Estino is a members husband and for years has been the number one fighter in all of Mwan, if not Weno, and he looks like it too! He’s a very very very strong individual and with a close shaved haircut he could scare just about anyone if he got mad. Which he used to do a lot, but he has pulled a complete 180 and is headed in a whole new direction. He’s a stud, in short. He has a bunch of cement weights and other random things that he lifts so we get a long great and will lift together occasionally. Estino reinforces my testimony that the Lord is constantly working among His people and He is preparing people for me and Elder Kuss to find! I especially admire Chuukese because they are so aware of God and His influence in their lives, it’s amazing because the Lord prepares them and they willingly submit, and then all Kuss and I do is come lead them a long a little further and bam! They’re baptized and rocking it. My personal belief is that since they’re islanders and have purer blood of Israel in them, and so many awesome blessings promised them from scripture, that that is the reason Chuukese are susceptible to Heavenly Father influencing their lives. Because it’s so easy once you find the prepared! I’ve already written this but the hardest part of missionary work, at least in Chuuk, is finding those that have been prepared, after that just grab hold and hang on because it goes fast.
Thank you for your prayers in my behalf and those I am serving. I hope you all have a kick awesome fantastic Christmas!
Pwi me fefinei kana, ouse kan mochen oupwe kan mo maketo rei, pun ennet ua pwositi neumi kan taopwe!! ha That says: I would sure enjoy it if my brother and sisters could find it in their heart to write me :) ha.
I love you all, have a Happy Christmas (Harry - Kenzie) and eat lots of fudge for me! Because I’ll be eating dog intestines! Yum!! (For reals it is so good with taro :))
Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak,
Elder Wells “Ito”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment