Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Love Working with Other Missionaries

Ran Allim!

Ok, I'm going to answer your questions right now.... The birthday was good, I made two pans of apple crisp for breakfast and everyone dominated it! The Chuukese class at church somehow found out that it was my birthday so they all sang to me.... I love that class! There were 34 people at the class this past Sunday once again meaning that if you count all the Chuukese kids running around we're pushing 80 Chuukese probably more at church.... That's half the branch!! Later that day Cheech, one of my good Chuuk pwipwi's here in Guam gave me some tuna sasimi (that's raw tuna which is the bomb and a half!!) So I dominated that and called it good!! I did get the box that you sent, thank you so much for sending that dictionary I really appreciate it. Thanks for celebrating my birthday back there in Utah... I bet it was hoppin!

I'm doing good on the answering questions phase right now.... A typical day is pretty much just like any other missionaries day. The only thing a little different is that we have meetings with President Dowdle every week (if we both are in town), we go to departing missionary dinners, we conduct Orientation for new missionaries, we plan and conduct Zone Leader Council, and any other random things that President wants us to do and.............. we travel the islands! ha Other than that stuff not much really. We proselyte pretty much the same hours as all missionaries. Being Zone Leader in Chuuk is much much much more hectic than being an AP. Zone Leaders in Chuuk solve crime! To be honest, I loved being ZL more than AP because it was like I was on the front lines with all the missionaries. I loved it! AP is less hands on with the missionaries, which I do miss. I love working with other missionaries........... and Chuukese (of course).

There is a group of 10 missionaries coming in today and tomorrow and so we will be orienting them on Thursday... I'm pumped about that! Brand new missionaries look so cute and innocent! ha I can't believe that I ever looked like them! ha I'm pretty stoked about it! Especially because I had this sweet idea, and we're going to bring in a projector and do a high tech Power Point Presentation. Orientation had always been known as super boring and I was not going to put up with that, so now we're going to blow everyone's mind with pictures and videos and all sorts of stuff! I'm so pumped about it!!!!

I am 3/4 handicapped right now and there are thousands of missionaries in the office talking to me right now and I can't concentrate or think of anything else to say. Oh yeah, transfers are this week. Sandvik is going back to Pohnpei and Elder Cohlmere is going to be the one who kills me off.ha

Ok I love your faces off! Ai tong ngenikemi esap much, ese tongeni kuch, iwe mei jok pwan ekis nennan uuch!

Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak!

Elter Wells "ITO"

No comments:

Post a Comment