Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yap is Crazy

4/5/10
Ran Allim!!

Thanks mom you're stud! This is random, but you know my pillow with all of you on it? Yeah well everytime an elder sees it they always think that mom is like my older sister or something! When I tell them it's my mom they always comment on how young mom looks, but you all already knew that right? ha And I must say dad that you still look great which is a bonus for me because you know the whole what your mom looks like is how the daughter will turn out and how the dad looks like is how the son will turn out, well I'm in for sure with such great looking parents! Whatever girl sees how good looking my parents are will want to marry me before even seeing me! ha

Ok mom here is my driver license #. Anything else let me know. Thanks again for doing all that you're amazing! I have a question. Do I have a bank account #? If I do could you possibly e-mail that to me. President Devalle needs that information so he can get me hooked up to the translation department. Before I leave they're going to get me trained on the computer program they use so that I can go home and get started. Elder Sorensen first name is Colby. The other two talked to me about it and I was like for sure pwipwis and there names are Mitchell Hatch, and Chandler Walpole. I hope they'll get on it.

I'm in Yap right now and they have internet that works pretty darn good! We don't have a lot of time so I'll hit you all up with the news of the trip when I get back. Yap is crazy! The people are way different than Chuukese! But they have outer island Yapese that live on Yap and they live exactly like Chuukese! Their language is closer to Chuukese and I could understand them when they spoke to me! The outer Yap islands are way close to the outer islands of Chuuk and Chuuk in general. They're nothing like the main island Yapese and Yapese and the outer islanders don't really like each other so I think that they should just become part of Chuuk! Palau is the last place in the mission that I haven't been to but of the islands that I've been to they should just call this the Chuuk mission because Chuukese are everywhere! There was a Yapese guy that was talking to me yesterday and he said that Chuukese are like the Philipino's and the Mexicans... they're everywhere!! ha I think that is an exaggeration but it's pretty close! Chuukese are the bomb!

There are almost as many outer island Yapese as there are Yapese on this island and since their languages aren't close at all (they're hardly related) it's a struggle in church. We went to church here and it was all in English, it was good they have a very nice chapel here and all the missionary houses are all very nice! It's been super fun and we'll be flying out to Palau tonight at 10:00 pm. Short night. We'll be back in Guam this friday!

Peace I gotta go!

Tong Ennet fiti Jaiwak!!

No comments:

Post a Comment